artsPlace is Canmore's community arts Centre - a welcoming, user-friendly space where Bow Valley residents and visitors can gather to explore, discover, and celebrate the adventure of art and creativity through a full range of classes, workshops, camps, performances, films, and exhibits. artsPlace is operated by the Canadian Mountain Arts Foundation, a registered charity, operating at arm's length from The Town of Canmore
Mission - We Grow the Arts to Build our Community and Enrich our Lives
Vision - A Bow Valley in which all residents participate in the arts and appreciate creativity as a vital part of their daily lives
BOARD OF DIRECTORS OPPORTUNITY
Join the Board of Directors or one of our committees!
Apply and express your interest before January 30th by email to [email protected]
We are seeking experience in fund development, finance and auditing, governance and policy development for upcoming two year terms, commencing March/April 2020.
To apply: describe your expertise, and areas of interest regarding committees. Please also include your connections to the Bow Valley community, and what has inspired you to consider volunteering with artsPlace in this way. As a member of the Board, we are expected to prepare for and attend monthly meetings that are approximately two hours long, and attend the Annual General Meeting. We also enjoy being a part of at least one board committee, for a total time commitment of approximately 6-8 hours per month. To help you determine which committee you may be best suited for, we’ve included a brief description below:
- Executive Committee: The purpose of the Executive Committee is to help ensure the effective governance of CMAF and artsPlace by providing timely guidance to the President, the Executive Director and/or the Committee Chairs on emerging, time-sensitive, and/or significant issues arising between meetings of the Board of Directors.
- Finance & Audit Committee: The purpose of the Finance and Audit Committee is to assist the Board in fulfilling its obligations and oversight responsibilities relating to financial planning, financial reporting, external audit, internal controls, treasury, and risk management.
- Fund Development Committee: The fund development committee supports the vision, mission, goals, and activities of the Canadian Mountain Arts Foundation and will assist the Board of Directors and staff in successfully raising the funds required to fulfill the Foundation’s strategic plan.
- Governance Committee: The purpose of the Governance Committee is to ensure that the Board fulfills its legal, ethical, and functional responsibilities through adequate governance policy, process and governance document review and development, board training programs, and monitoring of Board activities.
- Nominating Committee: The purpose of the Nominating Committee is to ensure that the slate of candidates is presented for election at the Annual General Meeting, ensuring that the organization has high quality candidates to consider with the necessary skills.
If you have any questions, we’re happy to connect with you by phone 403-609-2623 ext. 106 or email [email protected]. Thank you for your interest!
Cancellation and Refund Policy
All ticket sales and registrations are final and no cash refunds will be issued except in the event of cancellation by artsPlace. Equivalent value credits may be issued up to two weeks prior to program commencement.
Our Board & Staff
artsPlace and the Canadian Mountain Arts Foundation count many of the Bow Valley’s best, brightest and busiest residents among its board, staff and festival coordinators. The result? A capable, friendly, helpful and committed team of individuals who are always open to new ideas and who are a lot of fun to work with.
Reports and Documents
To assist artsPlace users and to support our commitment to transparency we have posted our audited financial statements, annual reports and other documents online.
Donors & Sponsors
Thank you for your gift! The success of artsPlace depends on the support of the individuals, families, and businesses listed below. Through their generosity, these donors and sponsors have enriched the programming and activities offered by artsPlace.