Evening Operations Coordinator
Reporting directly to the Executive Director and working very closely with the Programs Director and other artsPlace managers, the Evening Operations Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the artsPlace facility on weekday evenings and provides administrative and programming support to facilitate the smooth and efficient operations of artsPlace.
This is a full time (Mon. to Fri. 2 – 10 pm) entry to mid-level permanent position offering a salary of $41,600 + a full benefits package. Note: this position can also be structured as a 30 hr per week (4 – 10 pm) position with a pro-rated decrease in salary.
artsPlace celebrates diversity and equality. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, colour, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
- Customer Service as first point of contact at Front desk, on phones, and general email inquiries; welcoming program participants and visitors, communicating program information and building protocols
- Program & Event sales and servicing
- Program participant communication – email & phone
Administration & Facility Support
- Concession sales and ordering
- Daily Cash reconciliations
- Inventory taking
- Post concert artist fee reconciliation and payment
- Program entry and maintenance in online Registration/Ticketing system (Patron Manager)
- Point of Sale systems administration
- Company management – artist rider fulfillment, booking technicians, sending tech riders, coordinating load-ins, scheduling piano tunings etc.
- Screening films
- Performance, AV, studio and program set-up
- Supporting special programs and events
- Program support based on skill set and as needed
- Evening instructor support
- Programs Materials storage coordination and ordering
- Gallery set-up & support, and coordination of exhibition openings
Volunteer & Part-time staffing coordination
- Volunteer Coordination and scheduling
- Volunteer recruitment and program development
- Weekend staff scheduling
- Website maintenance and updating
- Database maintenance and list updating
- Movie pre-show creation & coordination
- Social Media support
- Email newsletters
- Photography and Video storytelling support
Fund Development Support
- Tax receipt and thank you letter creation and dissemination, and other fundraising administrative support on an as needed basis
- Fundraising Event support
- Donation processing
- Database maintenance
Other duties as assigned.
The qualifications listed below match what we are ideally seeking in a candidate, but we will consider applications from any interested person who has a strong passion for the arts and creativity and their intrinsic benefits to a dynamic community. If you are a highly organized and efficient worker with strong problem-solving skills, are comfortable with technology, and working for a dynamic, inclusive and creative arts centre inspires you, then we want to hear from you regardless of whether or not you fit the job description precisely. Being the right fit may not mean having the most experience or being the person with the closest match to the listed qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A passion for the arts and creativity and an appreciation of multiple art forms
- Training in or experience working in the arts or non-profit sector
- A strong engagement with the Bow Valley community and mountain culture
- Administration and customer service experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills, superior attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Familiarity with, and the ability to use multiple contemporary communications tools, the Microsoft Office Suite, content management systems, databases and registration/ticketing systems, and a general comfort level learning, mastering and troubleshooting new software programs in a timely fashion
- Comfort operating audio-visual equipment
- Superior problem-solving abilities
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- An outgoing personality, creative flare, and a willingness to take initiative
- The ability to work both independently with limited supervision and as an important member of a small, committed team
- AGLC ProServe certification (completion required before starting)
- Theatre production skills are a bonus
Please forward a resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the arts and why you are a good fit for this position, no later than Friday, July 23 to [email protected] referencing Evening Operations Coordinator in the subject line or drop off in person at artsPlace, 950 8th Ave, Canmore.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.