June 1, 2020 — August 31, 2020
artsPlace children's camps are happening this summer!
Over the past few weeks, we conducted an online survey to receive feedback from Bow Valley families regarding summer camps. We received 72 responses. More than 70% of respondents indicated they were likely to register their child in in-person camps, given all necessary safety protocols will be followed. In addition, more than 60% expressed interest in online camps.
artsPlace will offer both, in-person and online summer camps, to best suit your family’s needs. Full-day and half-day options are available. Browse camps and register here!
After having thoroughly studied the documents from Alberta Health Services providing guidelines for Day Camps in our province (attached below), we are pleased to announce artsPlace can meet the requirements to provide in-person full-day summer camps.
Featuring fun & creative art activities taught by our skilled and caring artist professionals, these camps will be the highlight of your child’s summer.
In-person camps will follow all the necessary safety precautions as outlined by the Alberta Health Services, and will include:
- Small cohorts of under 8 participants
- Dedicated Staff and Professional Artists to work with each cohort
- Many activities to be held outside, weather permitting
- Symptom and temperature screening for each participant before entry into the camp
- No physical contact between different cohorts
- Separate entrances for each cohort
- A washroom and working-space specific to each cohort
- Within a cohort, activities will be adapted to encourage physical distancing between participants
- Rigorous cleaning and health and safety protocols for maintaining the artsPlace facility
- Risk mitigation and COVID-19 response plans in place - please see our Q&A page for details
Both, full-day and half-day camps will be available. Please check our website for details.
If you would like your child to engage in creative programming this summer but without the risk of in-person camps, join our Online Summer Camps! Following the overwhelming success of the artsPlace Online Spring Break Camps, we are happy to offer this option again.
These camps will be taught by our skilled professional artists and will include Creative Kits full of art supplies delivered to your home. Online camps will feature fun, creative activities specifically designed to be delivered through the Zoom platform and will last no longer than 2 hours. We are offering these camps at special low-cost pricing during these uncertain times.
The safety of our community continues to be our number one priority. Our organization has a comprehensive COVID-19 response plan that includes policies to keep our customers, program participants, and staff members safe. Our summer camp staff are being trained on these policies.
We continue to closely monitor the regulations provided by Alberta Health Services and we are doing everything we can to provide a safe environment for your children, in alignment with provincial guidelines. For more information, please see our Q&A page here.
Should you have any other questions or concerns about summer camps at artsPlace, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]
We can't wait to see you!