August 17, 2020 — August 21, 2020 | Mon-Fri: 1 pm - 4 pm (includes 30 min drop-off and pick-up windows)
Program Fee: $150
Program Fee Member: $127.50
Focus on landscape painting and nature inspired art!
All in-person camps include:
• THEATRE GAMES
• CREATIVE MOVEMENT
• OUTDOOR PLAYTIME
Every camp will be an adventure with new themes, stories, and visual arts techniques! Campers can enjoy the themes chosen for each week but are also encouraged to work on their own art projects. Creative adaptations always welcome!
Featuring fun & creative art activities taught by our skilled and caring artist professionals, these camps will be the highlight of your child’s summer.
Looking for a full-day camp experience? Sign up for the same week morning online or in-person* camp! The theme will carry over but activities will be completely unique.
*If you are registered for both the morning and afternoon in-person camp on the same week - lunch care supervision will be provided.
Your child's safety is our top priority!
After having thoroughly studied the documents provided by Alberta Health Services providing guidelines for Day Camps in our province, we have determined that artsPlace can meet the requirements to provide in-person summer camps.
In-person camps will follow all the necessary safety precautions as outlined by the Alberta Health Services, and will include:
- Small cohorts of under 8 participants
- Dedicated Staff and Professional Artists to work with each cohort
- Many activities to be held outside, weather permitting
- Symptom and temperature screening for each participant before entry into the camp
- No physical contact between different cohorts
- Separate entrances for each cohort
- A washroom and working-space specific to each cohort
- Within a cohort, activities will be adapted to encourage physical distancing between participants
- Rigorous cleaning and health and safety protocols for maintaining the artsPlace facility
- Risk mitigation and COVID-19 response plans in place - please see our Q&A page for details
***Please note that this camp will have a staggered arrival time, to have the least amount of contact between arriving families. Children can be dropped off between 1 pm and 1:30 pm and picked up between 3:30 pm and 4 pm. Staff will greet families at a specific building entrance dedicated to your child's cohort. To best account for contact tracing within our building, no family members will be allowed within the artsPlace building.
We will no longer be able to offer after-camp care this summer.
The safety of our community continues to be our number one priority. Our organization has a comprehensive COVID-19 response plan that includes policies to keep our customers, program participants, and staff members safe. Our summer camp staff are being trained on these policies.
We continue to closely monitor the regulations provided by Alberta Health Services and we are doing everything we can to provide a safe environment for your children, in alignment with provincial guidelines. For more information, please see our Q&A page here.
Should you have any other questions or concerns about summer camps at artsPlace, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]