The Shoe Project is looking for participants for the 2021 performance
Discover the superpower of your story
artsPlace, in collaboration with The Shoe Project is looking for immigrant, newcomer and refugee women who would like to share their story.
Join us for a 10-week writing & performance workshop. Gain confidence in telling your story while acquiring valuable skills and forming wonderful friendships as you're mentored by a local author and voice coach to write and perform your shoe memoir.*
“I have never imagined I could be standing in front of an audience sharing a personal story in English. The Shoe Project has been the most empowering experience in my life.”
- Natalia Bussi Rodriguez, Uruguay
The Shoe Project is looking for women who:
- have immigrated to Canada
- are based in the Bow Valley
- would like to improve their English communication and leadership skills
- would like to share their story in a local performance
- can commit to weekly workshops in the fall/winter 2020
Shoes are a metaphor for transformation. They accompany us on all our journeys. The Shoe Project was created by novelist Katherine Govier and is now in its 10th year.
Contact us at [email protected]