CMAF Membership Policy
CANADIAN MOUNTAIN ARTS FOUNDATION MEMBERSHIP POLICY
The Canadian Mountain Arts Foundation (CMAF), a registered society under the Alberta Societies Act, is the governing body of artsPlace.
There are two types of memberships:
- An artsPlace Program Membership: entitles the member to benefits related to artsPlace programs and events.
- A CMAF Membership represents membership in the registered society in accordance with CMAF Bylaws. It provides the opportunity for greater involvement in CMAF’s governance structure with the opportunity to vote on motions brought forward at Annual General Meetings and Special Meetings.
These are 2 different memberships and are mutually exclusive. Having a CMAF membership does not preclude having an artsPlace membership and vice versa.
Annual membership in CMAF is open to any individual over 18 years of age who:
- Agrees to abide by the CMAF Bylaws in effect;
- Pays an annual membership fee of $25;
- Provides to CMAF the following information for the purposes of communicating CMAF Membership information:
- Mailing Address
- Email Address
CMAF will keep and use personal information with respect to members in accordance with applicable privacy laws, including the Alberta Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA) and the Societies Act.
CMAF will maintain a Register of Members as required by the Societies Act, Section 36. It shall contain information pertaining to each current member, including the name, mailing address, contact email, date when membership commenced, and date when membership ceased.
The annual membership expires one year from the day before the membership was purchased in the prior year. (eg. If the membership was purchased on December 1, 2018, it expires on November 30, 2019).
Membership is effective as of the date the annual fee is paid.
A current membership may only be terminated upon the resignation of the member in writing or upon the removal of the member in accordance with CMAF Bylaws. A member whose membership is terminated during a membership year is not entitled to reimbursement of any paid membership fee.
Members shall receive notice of Special Meetings and Annual General Meetings in accordance with CMAF Bylaws.