Join us for some fun + imaginative + hands-on camps this summer!
Taught by professional artists and skilled educators, artsPlace camps offer creative enrichment for your child:
- Developing cognitive abilities
- Fostering creative problem-solving skills
- Increasing capacity to collaborate with others
Most importantly, these camps are pure FUN!
Every week will be a new adventure with new themes, stories and visual arts techniques.
All camps will include:
- Visual Arts
- Creative Movement
- and more!
Campers can enjoy the themes of the week, or work on their own art projects.
See the themes for each week!
Magic and Mystery: Create art inspired by the magical worlds found in our favourite storybooks. Make magical potions and cast spells with a paintbrush.
Space Race: Learn about the science of real-life rockets then craft your own creative spaceships. Hear the stories of star constellations and make your own magical star sagas.
Myths and Legends: Design your own mythical creatures or amazing heroes as you hear from stories from around the world. Make your own magical myths come to life through theatre games and storytelling techniques.
Going Green: Create art from recycled and sustainable materials. Be inspired by both scientists and artists who are helping to keep our planet clean. Collect found nature objects and make amazing art installations.
Invention Convention: Build your own invention prototype to make the world a better place. Learn creative sculpture-building techniques to help your invention stand out. Find the connection between science and art as you learn about famous creative inventors.
Natural Wonders: Play in nature and practice watercolour painting en plein air. Create art inspired by beautiful landscapes and magical places from around the world
Animal Planet: Invent your own magical animals. Learn techniques to draw the animals you love and create your own 3-D animal stuffy.
Colourful Creations: Experience the joy of colour in painting and drawing. Learn about colour theory and colour mixing while being inspired by famous artists who used bright and boisterous colour in their artwork.
In-person camps will follow all the necessary safety precautions as outlined by the Alberta Health Services, and will include:
- Small cohorts of participants
- Dedicated staff and professional artists to work with each cohort
- Many activities to be held outside, weather permitting
- Symptom and temperature screening for each participant before entry into the camp
- Activities will be adapted to encourage physical distancing between participants
- Rigorous cleaning and health and safety protocols for maintaining the facility
- Risk mitigation and COVID-19 response plans in place
- Lunch will be eaten on-site and no food sharing is permitted
- We are unable to offer after-camp care this summer
Should you have any other questions or concerns about summer camps at artsPlace, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]