National Indigenous Peoples Day celebrates the heritage, diverse cultures and outstanding achievements of First Nations, Inuit and Métis peoples.
artsPlace, inpartnership with Banff Centre for Arts and Creativity and the Town of Banff, is celebrating National Indigenous Peoples Day with Creative Kits. This year, these kits share stories and artwork by three Stoney Nakoda Artists.
These Creative Kits will help young artists be inspired by Stoney Nakoda Artists, while understanding the difference between Cultural Appreciation and Cultural Appropriation when practicing their own creativity.
Your creative kit includes:
- A printout of artwork by Chey Suwâtâgâ-Mû
- Coloured pencils
- Pencil sharpener
- Watercolour paints with a paintbrush
- Pipe cleaners
- Stretchy string
- An informational handout
- Suitable for children aged 4 to 12 years.
- Suggested 1 kit per family as the art supplies can be shared
- Small Parts! Not suitable for children 3 years of age and younger
- Creative Kits will be available for pick-up between June 14 and June 28 at artsPlace.