Thurs. June 24 at 7 PM
LIVE on Zoom
Tim Murphy is a carpenter and the Poet Laureate of Canmore. He is a published author and spoken word artist, living in Canmore since 1992. His chapbook "Up Cape Fear" came out in 2019 and he is currently working on seven more chapbooks due to be published before 2035 or his death, whichever comes first.
Britanny Burr is a writer and editor based in Canmore, Alberta. She grew up in Canmore and lived in Calgary, Montreal, Vancouver, and New York, before eventually moving back to the place that raised her. Britanny is a published poet with a passion for storytelling and community building.
Reserve one ticket per household and participate on your computer, laptop, tablet, etc. Ticket holders will be emailed an exclusive access link (blue button) to the Zoom event automatically upon registration.
On the date & time of your event, click the link to join Zoom. Participation is encouraged! Use the chat function to say hi to your community & friends, use the reactions to show appreciation for performers, and more!
Hello poets of Canmore and beyond.
If you have signed up to perform at the event, here is a bit more information:
- The event is on the evening of Thursday, June 24
- We're hosting it virtually, on Zoom
- Each performer will be invited to read 1 or 2 poems for a total of four minutes
- We will host breakout rooms for cocktails and mingling at the beginning, intermission, and end
- There will also be a chance for the audience to participate in a fun and unique way (if they want!)
- We ask that performers submit their poems beforehand so we can curate the order into sections that we’re calling “chapters”
- Everyone will have the chance to introduce themselves and their work quickly before reading
- Tickets to watch the event will be free, though donations are welcome. So tell all your friends and family!
This is an excellent opportunity for us all to reconnect with our community and share in our love for words and togetherness.
Questions? Email us at [email protected]