April 17, 2020 — June 30, 2020
Missing getting your hands dirty with clay? Stay inspired and plan your next creative project in the pottery studio! These amazing educational resources are for beginner and advanced potters alike!
Created by artsPlace
Ceramics Learning Resources
- Ceramics Arts Network - providing a wide array of tools for leaning about and improving skills in the ceramic arts. Videos, articles, more!
- Glazy - an online "recipe sharing" tool for ceramics artist
- Digital Fire - information for ceramics technology enthusiasts. An amazing resource on glaze and clay chemistry by Plainsman's own Tony Hensen.
- NCECA - the American National Council on Education for Ceramics Art has launched many virtual lectures and classes to keep you learning during this time
Virtual Classes & Kits
- Crock-A-Doodle - offering drop-off delivery service or storefront pick up of online orders while our studio is closed
- Workshop Studios - pottery studio in Calgary offering work-stop workshops (handbuilding at home with live video instruction)
Eye Candy - visual databases of amazing ceramic art
- accessCeramics - a contemporary ceramics image resource
- artaxis - an evolving independent network of artists
- The Color Network - aiding in the advancement of people of color in the ceramic arts
- Make & Do Canadian Clay Directory - growing database listing of Canadian makers
- The Gardiner Museum - Canada's national museum of ceramics. Browse their extensive collections database that features historical and contemporary earthenware and porcelain works.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art - an extensive database of the Met's amazing ceramic collection. With extensive images to let you experience the pieces in 3D.
- Goldmark Ceramics - leading British commercial ceramics gallery that champion good craft. Website included amazing resources such as image gallery and beautiful ceramics videos
- The Victoria and Albert Museum - Delve into stunning and varied online collections of beautiful craft from across the ages.
Albertan Ceramics Institutions
- The Alberta Craft Council - supporting Craft in Alberta since 1980 through exhibitions, memberships, and programming. Home of the Alberta Craft Magazine
- Medalta Potteries Museum & Residency - an innovative, industrial non-profit museum, contemporary ceramic arts facility, art gallery and community hub in Medicine Hat.
Notable Ceramics Blogs
- Musing About Mud - the ultimate ceramics resource blog from Canadian ceramics superstar Carole Epp
- Ayumi Horie - An innovator in the ceramics blog scene.
Publications - subscribe to these magazines to support professional craft journalism
- Studio Magazine - online and printed resource for the best in Canadian craft & design
- Studio Potter - Studio Potter provides a dynamic platform for bringing together the ceramics community, prompting new dialogs and strengthening existing narratives within it.
- Ceramics Monthly
- Pottery Making Illustrated
Local Bow Valley Potters - our community is full of inspiration creative makers! Support our local artists by following them and collecting their work!