Recreate your favourite landscape with watercolours! This workshop begins with a presentation about the basic principles and techniques of watercolour painting, followed by individual instruction with each participant. Renowned Canmore artist Ralph Temple will lead you through all the steps of planning and executing your own watercolour painting to achieve your goals. Bring your own photo to work from or choose from a provided selection. Beginners welcome!
Instructor: Ralph Temple
- Watercolour paints: cadmium red, alizarin crimson, lemon yellow, cadmium yellow, manganese or cerulean blue, ultramarine blue, sap, raw sienna, burnt umber and black.
- Small round watercolour brush (size 1-6) and a big round watercolour brush (size 10-16)
- Watercolour paper (recommended 140lb or higher)
- Rigid back to support your work
- Optional supplies to bring: A mop brush, flat brush, liquid frisket (masking latex) and applicator, 2H pencil & eraser