Job Opportunity - Administration and Operations Coordinator
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, and working very closely with the Programs Manager, and Fundraising and Communications Manager, the Administration and Operations Coordinator provides administrative support to facilitate the smooth and efficient operations of artsPlace.
artsPlace is Canmore’s community arts centre, offering accessible arts-based programs, classes, workshops, and public performances for all age groups and across multiple disciplines: visual arts, ceramics, textiles, fabrication, film, music and drama. artsPlace features a number of teaching, exhibit and performance spaces including classrooms for ceramics, fabrication and visual arts, a black box/film theatre, and a gallery space.
This is a full time permanent position offering a salary of $37,000 per annum + a full benefits package
- Co-ordinating films and special screenings (selecting, sourcing, ordering, and reporting)
- Co-ordinating facility rentals and private programs
- Preparing contracts for instructors and monitoring payments
- Special event support and coordination – Canmore Festival of Art and Creativity, Member and donor events, Fundraising Events
- Program entry and maintenance in online Registration/Ticketing system (Activenet, Patron Manager)
- Program materials ordering, list creation and posting
- Bank deposits, daily cash reconciliations, petty cash control and reconciliation, and other financial support on an as-needed basis
- Coordinating office and administrative functionality: storage and organization, supply ordering, equipment servicing, external support functions
- Database maintenance and list generation
- Room/program set-up and other program support as needed
- Coordinating and communicating tasks for part-time weekend staff
- Customer Service as first point of contact at Front desk, on phones, and general email inquiries – welcoming, sales, refunds, cancellations, program participant communication, general inquiries etc.
- Fundraising support - sourcing and maintaining member benefits, membership renewals, general member and sponsor servicing, thank you letters and tax receipting, coordinating direct mail campaigns, donor/sponsor recognition and signage
- Communications Support - preparing e-blasts (mail Chimp), website maintenance and updating, poster and program guide distribution
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A post secondary education or training in visual arts
- Passion for the arts and creativity and an appreciation of multiple art forms
- Administrative experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills, superior attention to detail, the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Familiarity with, and the ability to use multiple contemporary communications tools, the Microsoft Office Suite, content management systems, databases and registration systems, and a general comfort level learning and mastering new software programs in a timely fashion
- Customer service experience
- An outgoing personality, creative flare, and a desire to take initiative
- Superior written and oral communications skills
- The ability to work both independently with limited supervision and as an important member of a small, committed team
Please forward a cover letter and resume no later than Monday, May 28, 2018 to [email protected] referencing Administration and Operations Coordinator in the subject line or drop off in person at artsPlace, 950 8th Ave, Canmore.
We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted