Health & Safety at artsPlace
While artsPlace is closed to the public at the moment, in accordance with the provincial health & safety regulations, our team is in the office and happy to help!
Staff hours at artsPlace
Monday-Friday I 3 pm - 7 pm
Please ring the doorbell if you:
- need to pick up a Creative Kit
- would like to register in-person for a program
- attend an one-on-one ceramics session with our ceramics teacher
You can also contact us at [email protected] or 403-609-2623.
As we continue to operate under Step 1 of the Alberta reopening plan, we are happy to announce the following programs for the upcoming spring and summer seasons.
• in-person kids classes,
• in-person kids summer camps,
• online and outdoor adult classes.
All programs and events are subject to change based on evolving health and safety regulations. As always, your health, safety and well-being are our greatest consideration as we work to ensure that we create a safe environment for everyone at artsPlace.
When you arrive at artsPlace, we kindly ask that you follow these guidelines.
- Do not enter the building if you feel unwell or have come into contact with a confirmed/presumed case of COVID-19.
- Wear a mask at all times as per the Town of Canmore mandatory mask bylaw in public indoor spaces (unless prevented from doing so for medical reasons). We ask that you bring your own mask but we will have some disposable masks available.
- Sign in and sign out when you enter and leave the building.
- Follow instructions on adjusted flow of traffic.
- Maintain a physical distance of 3 meters from staff and patrons.
- Give others space when entering and exiting the building.
- Wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer before and after participating in a program or event, and frequently throughout.
In addition, we are taking actions to ensure that we do not contribute to the spread of the virus as we continue to monitor and follow the provincial and municipal regulations, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining limited capacity, small group sizes in all programs and events**
- Rigorous and frequent cleaning and health & safety protocols for the artsPlace facility.
- Risk mitigation and COVID-19 response plans in place.
- Contact tracing for everyone who spends more than 15 minutes in the building.
- Readily accessible hand sanitizer and disposable masks in the building.
- Staff training and personal protection equipment protocols.
- Mandatory physical distancing protocols.
- Mandatory mask protocols.
*Registration is required for all programs. As our programs will accept smaller participant numbers, be sure to register in advance to avoid disappointment.
**If you would like to use your artsPlace credit to pay for programs, please contact us over the phone.