artsPlace in COVID-19
Dear Bow Valley community, we are so happy to welcome you back to artsPlace this fall! We have many exciting programs and events prepared for you, both online and in-person.
The health and safety of our patrons, staff and the community remain our top priority.
As we all adjust to the temporary reality of COVID-19, we want to ensure that we create a safe environment for everyone at artsPlace.
We kindly ask that you follow these guidelines when entering artsPlace this fall.
- Do not enter the building if you feel ill or have come into contact with a confirmed/presumed case of COVID-19.
- Wear a mask at all times as per the Town of Canmore mandatory mask bylaw in public indoor spaces (unless prevented from doing so for medical reasons). We ask that you bring your own mask but we will have some disposable masks available if you forget yours.
- Sign in and sign out with our front desk staff member when you enter and leave the building.
- Follow instructions on adjusted flow of traffic.
- Maintain a physical distance of 2 meters from staff and patrons.
- Give others space when entering and exiting the building.
- Wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer before and after participating in a program or event, and frequently throughout.
In addition, we are taking actions to ensure that we do not contribute to the spread of the virus as we continue to monitor and follow the provincial and municipal regulations, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining limited capacity, small group sizes in all programs and events that will allow for physical distancing.***
- Rigorous and frequent cleaning and health & safety protocols for the artsPlace facility.
- Risk mitigation and COVID-19 response plans in place.
- Contact tracing for everyone who enters the building.
- Readily accessible hand sanitizer and disposable masks in the building.
- Staff training and personal protection equipment protocols.
*As our programs will accept smaller participant numbers, be sure to register in advance to avoid disappointment.
**Registration required for all fall programs.
***Masks encouraged at outdoor events; mandatory indoors.
****If you would like to use your artsPlace credit to pay for fall programs, please contact us over the phone or visit us in person during our opening hours.
***** Programs and events are subject to change in case of new COVID-19 regulations.
Fall Opening Hours
SEPT. 21 - DEC. 24, 2020
Monday-Friday 2 pm – 9 pm
Saturday 9 am – 3 pm
Sunday 9 am – 1 pm
Should you have any questions or concerns, reach out to us at:
We can’t wait to see you this fall!