artsPlace in COVID-19
As we have connected with so many of you throughout 2020, we know how important in-person programming is to our artsPlace community. We are doing our best to ensure we can continue providing in-person classes and workshops in the new year.
However, given the uncertainty of these times, we can only guarantee that courses and workshops which can transition online will go ahead.
We have designed most of our classes for winter 2021 in such a way that, while they are scheduled to be taught in person, they will transition to online instruction if health and safety measures prevent in-person delivery. Please be aware when registering that refunds will not be offered for classes that transition online.
For programs that cannot transition online, please be aware that these classes might be fully or partially cancelled if health and safety measures prevent in-person class delivery. Refunds for programs cancelled by artsPlace will be issued as needed.
All programs and events are subject to change based on evolving health and safety regulations.
As always, your health, safety and well-being are our greatest consideration as we work to ensure that we create a safe environment for everyone at artsPlace.
When we are able to open again, we kindly ask that you follow these guidelines.
- Do not enter the building if you feel unwell or have come into contact with a confirmed/presumed case of COVID-19.
- Wear a mask at all times as per the Town of Canmore mandatory mask bylaw in public indoor spaces (unless prevented from doing so for medical reasons). We ask that you bring your own mask but we will have some disposable masks available if you forget yours.*
- Sign in and sign out with our front desk staff member when you enter and leave the building.
- Follow instructions on adjusted flow of traffic.
- Maintain a physical distance of 2 meters from staff and patrons.
- Give others space when entering and exiting the building.
- Wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer before and after participating in a program or event, and frequently throughout.
In addition, we are taking actions to ensure that we do not contribute to the spread of the virus as we continue to monitor and follow the provincial and municipal regulations, including but not limited to:
- Maintaining limited capacity, small group sizes in all programs and events**
- Rigorous and frequent cleaning and health & safety protocols for the artsPlace facility.
- Risk mitigation and COVID-19 response plans in place.
- Contact tracing for everyone who spends more than 15 minutes in the building.
- Readily accessible hand sanitizer and disposable masks in the building.
- Staff training and personal protection equipment protocols.
- Mandatory physical distancing protocols.
- Mandatory mask protocols.
Classes & Workshops
- Maintaining limited capacity, small group sizes of max. 15 people seated and socially distanced, wearing masks, in our large studio spaces (most classes are restricted to only 6 participants);
- Providing health & safety protocol briefings to all program participants.
- Restricting theatre programming to a maximum of 25 audience members (less than 25% of our normal capacity), seated and socially distanced, wearing masks;
- Performers are socially distancing from each other and keeping a minimum 4 meter distance from the audience;
- Our large theatre space offers superior ventilation;
- Music sets are max. 30 minutes in length separated by minimum 10 minute intermissions.
*Masks are mandatory indoors except for when patrons are eating or drinking and can maintain distance from others.
**Registration required for all programs and events. As our programs and events will accept smaller participant numbers, be sure to register in advance to avoid disappointment.
***If you would like to use your artsPlace credit to pay for fall programs, please contact us over the phone or visit us in person during our opening hours.
**** Programs and events are subject to change or cancellation based on health & safety regulations.
Should you have any questions or concerns, reach out to us at: